9 Ways to Stay Healthy as You AgeHollie Pollard
Aging will happen to all of us. It is a matter of time. With that said there are a number of things that we can do to guard our health as we age. Getting older doesn’t have to mean your health deteriorates.
There are now a number of things that do happen naturally as we age such as our bones becoming more brittle, there can be changes in your reflexes, hearing loss, changes in sight and tooth decay. These are just a few of the things that face us as we age, so how do we battle what is naturally happening to our bodies so we can age in good health.
Having healthy habits throughout your life is best, but it’s never too late to implement healthy habits that will ensure you live your best life possible. Some of the habits that will help you live your best life as you age are:
- Having an active social life. Gather with friends and family as often as possible. You can even volunteer in your community.
- Getting enough rest. Sleep in an important part of remaining healthy.
- Cut out smoking and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Get regular checkups with your doctor, dentist, optometrist. They are more important now.
- Take care of your feet. Have footwear that supports your feet.
- Take all medications prescribed by your doctors. No skipping medication.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Fiber-rich, low-fat foods are important.
- Take great supplements as needed.
When it comes supplements we are loving the whey protein from Boomer Nutrition. We have partnered with them this month to discuss healthy aging and senior nutrition on Tuesday, July 10th at 7 pm EST on Twitter. To follow the conversation on Twitter follow the hashtags #HealthyAging and #uCarenet. There will be prizes from Boomer Nutrition. Hope you can join in on the conversation.
For healthy recipes perfect for seniors, check out our Pinterest board.